Filler Pre-Treatment Instructions
You are scheduled for a filler consultation. If you are deemed an appropriate candidate, you may or may not choose to receive treatment same day. Please review and adhere to the following pre-treatment instructions to prepare for your appointment:
Avoid the following medications/products for at least 72 hours prior treatment:
1. NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, meloxicam, etc),
2. Fish oil or Omega 3 fatty acid
4. Ginger, garlic, or ginkgo bilboa supplements
5. Vitamins C & E
These are things that may thin the blood and potentially increase the risk for bleeding or bruising.
6. If treating lips or perioral area, no dental appointments 2 weeks pre or post treatment.
7. No vaccination administration 2 weeks pre or post treatment.
8. Do not plan to receive filler injections within 2 weeks of a big event (wedding, family reunion, travel, etc).
Please do not discontinue use of any prescription medications without first consulting with your primary care physician.
Filler Post Treatment Instructions
What to expect after receiving a filler treatment:
Swelling and bruising may be present and can last up to 2 weeks post injection as the product continues to settle out. Oral or topical Arnica can help to reduce bruising. Depending on the injection area, you may want more volume after swelling subsides. Call us after 14 days if you believe you may want additional syringes, or if you feel a touch-up is needed.
To avoid complications and achieve the most optimal results, please review and adhere to the following post treatment instructions:
1. Do not take NSAIDs, Aspirin, fish oil or Vitamin E 24 hours after injection, this may worsen any potential bruising. You may use Tylenol and/or ice as needed for pain/swelling.
2. Do not massage or manipulate the injection site for 7 days post injection.
3. Do not apply direct heat to face for 24 hours after injection (hair dryer, shower, sauna, etc.)
4. Do not sleep on your face for at least 48 hours post injection.
5. Do not apply any makeup over injection points for 24 hours post injection.
6. Avoid out of town travel (especially on airplane) for 2 weeks post injection.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may reach us by phone at (630) 544-2050. You may also email your injector:
Gina, APRN, FNP-C: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristin, APRN, FNP-C: Kristin.email@example.com
Kim, RN: firstname.lastname@example.org
The LuxeSkin Med Spa Team